Thursday, June 23, 2011

BREAKING NHL NEWS: Flyers gut team trade Carter to Jackets and Richards to the Kings! Also sign Bryzgalov

According to Bob McKenzie from Tsn.ca the Flyers have traded center Jeff Carter to the Bluejackets. Bob McKenzie reports that the Flyers got Jakub Voracek, the 8th overall pick in the draft this season as well as a 3rd round pick in the draft tomorrow.

I am ecstatic to have Jeff Carter out of our division as we all know he always freaking killed the Islanders. Also to me at least it seems as though the Bluejackets won this deal.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369793

The Flyers didn't stop there though, they have also sent Mike Richards to the Kings in exchange for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simonds. I like Schenn I do, but I don't see how this is a good deal for Philly, they made their team a lot worse going into next season. Although I think they got a nice a player for the future in Schenn.

After making these two deal, the Flyers announced the signing of goalie Ilya Bryzgalov to a 9 year 51 million dollar deal. To me the contract is way to long however the cap hit is very friendly for the Flyers. Its got me wondering why they needed to move both Carter and Richards to fit this deal in.

No comments:

Post a Comment