Friday, September 30, 2011

Isles sign Staios to 1 year deal!!

According to Darren Dregger of TSN, the Islanders have signed defenseman Steve Staios to a one year deal worth $800,000. With bonuses the deal could reach as much as 1.6 million.

I am not surprised they signed him as I have thought hes looked fairly good in the games I have seen him in thus far this preseason. Also this makes Ty Wisharts send down earlier in the week a little more explainable, because they would rather him get top minutes in Bridgeport then sit up here in the press box to be depth. Barring any injuries I think we have a top six of:

Streit-Eaton
MacDonald-Hamonic
Jurcina(depending on health)-Staios
Mottau

I don't know if it is a playoff worthy top six but its certainly better then it was last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment