Sunday, October 16, 2011

Post Game: Isles beat Rangers 4-2!!!!!

Tonight, before a jam packed crowd our New York Islanders defeated the Rangers by a score of 4-2!! Here are some of my notes from the game:

-John Tavares!! Enough said, guy is coming into his own, 8 points in two games, man oh man he is going to be special!!!

-Nabakov shocked me tonight!! I was very nervous from the time I saw Nabakov starting that it was the wrong move, however Nabakov played really well!!

-Great crowd tonight!!! Even though I think there were more Ranger fans there, the Islander fans were loud & proud almost from the outset so good job Islanders Country!!

-Hamonic & MacDonald made the Brad Richards line basically invisible when they were out against them. I didn't notice Richards til the second period. That is going to be quite the pairing for years to come for us.

-One flaw I saw tonight, on the Rangers second goal, both Nielsen & Eaton got caught flat footed looking at the Ranger player instead of playing him away.

-Scratching Comeau for Gillies really made me scratch my head!! I mean Gillies didn't look lost on the ice at all, however why Comeau?? This happening has set off a lot of trade speculation on message boards and twitter that Blake Comeau maybe in his last days with the Islanders. If I hear anything on this ill be sure to post.

-Another flaw tonight was no Chicken Dance!! I was kinda disappointed they didn't play it in the last minute during one of the breaks in play they had.

Overall tonights game was a really solid game by the boys from Long Island. It was really nice to see against the Rangers & a great way to end the homestand. Now they get some time off to recuperate before they play again. Hopefully they can keep it up!!

Next Game: Thursday 10/20 @ Tampa Bay starting at 7:30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment