Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Isles Likely To Stand Pat This Summer?

With all the talk recently of the Islanders making a play for Roberto Luongo Arthur Staple of Newsday has said that is all it is, talk.  With the contract Luongo has he doesn't think the Islanders would give up assets for him.

He believes that the Islanders will go into next season with Nabokov/Poulin/Nilsson as the teams goalies and Matt Donovan being the likely defenseman to take Mark Streits spot on the blue line.



While anything is possible which Garth showed as recently as last season with the acquisition of Lubomir Visnovsky at the draft, this scenario Staple points out wouldn't surprise me to much.  Now that we have a team that has attracted positive attention around the league and is seen as a team to look out for and have the building all ironed out, people will be able to see the real excuses for having trouble attracting talent and in my opinion it starts at the top.  I hope they are able to surprise me, but I won't get my hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment