Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Asking The Crowd - Part II

With all this speculations that Wang is selling, do you believe he actually pulls the cord and sells at least majority stakes? With this summer being one in Which the Isles have been spending, do you think that's a possible sign?

(kcos194) I'm torn on Wang because I know he genuinely loves this team. I don't hate him or want him to sell like some fans do. He's lost a TON Of money on this team and to be honest there's enough blame to go around for everyone, including fans, as to why. I think he ends up not selling unless this years team totally craps the bed. Then I think you'll see a new owner/GM/coach trio in the next few years.

(NotMattyMarts) I do believe Wang will sell the team. I would say most likey during the next off-season. Hopefully we will find out soon. Yes I think with all the money spent by the Isles this off-season that it is a great sign. Hopefully Brooklyn will attract more NHL talent to come play for the Isles and hopefully Wang is willing to open up the check book.

(NYIslesPride) Personally I think Wang wont sell this offseason but likely wait to see how they do their last season in the coliseum but the increase in spending could also show signs of him selling so i think its a toss up.

(MattClausen) Do I think Charles Sells; probably, but not at the anticipated timeline everyone’s expecting; furthermore the extra spending this summer is a welcome sign, but I’m not going to get into the tea leaves reading aspect of it. The guy has spent close to half a billion on this team (payroll over a decade, his attempts with the Lighthouse and Coliseum, the lease at the barn, buying the team when he did, there’s been HUNDREDS of millions spent on the Islanders that hasn’t been on the ice). Charles will sell when he feels he’s able to best recoup a significant portion of those losses, like any halfway decent business person would. Is it Barroway, an unnamed Guy or me; I don't, it’s silly to speculate. Here’s the thing, the next owner has to be willing to let Hockey Ops be Hockey ops and not let them go insane. Daddy Warbucks thought he was buying a winner in Buffalo and ended up with Ville Leino and praying for us to suck so he amplifies his chances at Connor McHockey (and while I think Del Colle will be great, we still should have punted this year’s pick in my minority opinion).

2 comments:

  1. While I will always have respect for Mr. Wang for buying the team and saving them from moving, maybe it is time to sell and move on. I know he loves owning the team and all but he can still celebrate the future with the team with less than 50% ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wang tried hard with nassau county and his real estate.. but his time to sell is now

    ReplyDelete