Friday, December 12, 2014

Isles Drop 3rd Straight 6-3 To Blues

Tonight, our Islanders dropped their third straight game by a score of 6-3 to the Blues.  Here are some of my notes:

-For some reason, Brian Strait remained in the lineup tonight and the Blues took advantage as 4 of their six goals came with Strait on the ice.  I don't know what he has to do to get scratched, however it should come sooner rather than later, right?

-What was Capuano thinking putting Eric Boulton out in a 1 goal game with 5 minutes left with the top line.  I know he said that Boulton has, "sneaky offensive ability" but putting him out in that spot is just simply mind blowing.  What he would contribute in that spot is anyones guess, save for maybe Capuano.

-Good to see Okposo put one to the back of the net for the first time in a while.

Another poor third period effort doomed the team tonight.  I feel like this is 3 years ago as I would've been saying the same thing then.  I am not sure what needs to be done, but something does because obviously what the team is doing isn't working.

Next Game: Saturday @ Home vs Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment